Sunday, September 14, 2008

Last weekend..

We're two weeks into Ramadhan. Have been indulging into fabulous food from the many hawkers stalls in town. But generally the price has doubled since last year. Not easy to get anything for RM1 which was the case the previous years. Now mostly starts with RM2. After two weeks I have my favourites marked; popiah goreng sambal (Asia city), Nasi Dagang (Asia City), Cendol (Tg. Aru), Puteri Mandi (Tg. Aru), Laksa Sarawak (Deasoka), Mee Hoon Goreng ( Tg. Aru), Soto Banjar (Tg. Aru), and the rest will be decided depending on my craving of the day. Last weekend I made bubur labu dengan jagung plus some other stuff. I love pumpkin, versatile food item. I especially miss my late Grandmas's Steamed Pumpkin cake.

Saturday we decided to check out Segama to look for my son's baju melayu. As predicted the place was conjested with human being. I noticed even the pedestrian bridge was alive with traders, saying this because it has been years since I see this kind of scene up there. I remember when I was little, Grandma used to use this way to go across from Segama to the wet market and I would enjoy the people selling everything under the sun along the bridge-walkway. From toys, shoes, vegetables, etc..
Benjy benjy benjy...his agitated whiny voice was heard throughout Segama...we just ignored all the curious glances from passerby...it was just not his scene...there was just so many people and he got squashed in between bodies with all kinds of BO and of course nothing of his fancy is around. Thankfully he agreed to cooperate to try on this baju.


This pic is a bit belated. We went to check out what was left of Servay Penampang Hypermarket. I was shocked to see it was melted to te ground. The day after it happened, the video was already up in YouTube, I saw many spectators crowded the nearby shops's to watch it burn. It baffled me that these people wasn't thinking about their immediate safety first! I mean the distance between the shops and the burning site was just 1 road lane away, too close for comfort. Luckily there was no major explosion of bursting glass windows.

Chronic Break a.k.a Cancer Stick. This was taken at the side entrance to Centre Point..it says a thousand words..nuf said. I'm proud to say that I'm no longer a contributor of spreading cancer. I'm not proud to say that I've done that, and I blame it on peer pressure (after much analysis). It's also a want to be accepted and supposedly it makes you look matured and sophisticated. I'm lucky that I was not terminally addicted. As I said purely to socialize. Now I can't stand the smell of it and the thought of I used to smell like that..ergh.


Thanks to my babies, I'm leading a clean life now. Kempen Anti-Merokok..heheh (nothing to do wit my main topic but i don't care ;p)

7 comments:

whimsical said...

SEGAMA MEMANG HEAVEN FOR SHOPPING BAJU BAJU RAYA KAN.can get baju baju raya yg lawa lawa.masa kita remaja inda kita pi tis area.but makin "matang", baru tebuka mata mau pi sini kan.padahal punya banyak choice in these area kan!

@dR3h said...

alaaa.. so cute la baby arief :D

Val Aziz said...

Whimsical: ya bah..and can get off season branded babies wear juga. kalu bukan pasal si benjy mengamuk tu..lama lagi sia mau pigi round.

Herda: bah teruskan usaha anda sehingga berjaya ehehehhe ur babies nanti pun gorgeous tu.

duapulolapansen said...

lama nya suda nda lik kk, a lot of changes ka sana? dat servay burnt to the ground..teruk nya..

oh ya val.. let's exchange link.

Just plain Sharon said...

wah aksi ultraman si benjy...hehehhehe...

segama...emmm...sia pigi sana membeli bunga ja...hehhehehhe...

Val Aziz said...

28sen: woi bila last ko lik KK oh? long time no c u.

shar: same la..and oso if mau p beli kain. masa prep mau kawin dulu everyday i was there.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of the ciggies in the bin. One thing that comes to my mind other than cancer is the respiratory ward. The patients who are admitted are 99.9-100% smokers or exsmokers.

I can't stop thinking of the ward now.