Sunday, June 29, 2008

Quiet weekend

Not much extra curricular activity for us last weekend..no pics as well..Saturday is a day where we will not be at home..mesti go jalan-jalan..so we checked out the Sutera Harbour "open day" at Warisan Square. Signed up for their F&B membership, ate some of their foc canapes and chocolates, then off to 1 Borneo. Initially we wanted to ride in the Hot Air Balloon but we saw the cloud formation was not promising and to get a ride means you must make any purcase in 1 Borneo for at least RM300 or sign up for their Platinum Membership Card. We never even caught a glimpse of the Hot Air Balloon??? Apparently the Balloon ride has been going on for 1 week. Have any1 of you seen it? The Balloon was brought here all the way from Australia together with their experts..last Sunday was their last day. But I didn't see much campaign about it, have you? I think the promos following the soft launching of 1 Borneo is not that successful, I expect more "noise" and fanfare.

Bronz Music was called to propose / quote for their Beauty & Wellness Fair, Fashion Extravaganza and Cookery Fair. Wah..the requests and the expectation we were given the impression that it will be a grand affair..ie; to create booths design similar to Guerlain fashion booth, to bring in celebrity chefs Nigella/Anthony Bourdain/Anita Sarawak etc, celebrity emcee Daphne Iking, Constantine Anthony, to install carpeting on all the event venues (yg sederhana tebal and ada patterns), stage, sound system n lighting..etc..this they gave us a duration of 1 month before the launch date..then finally they told us unceremoniously that they decided to appoint a company from KL! so came the day what we saw at 1 Borneo was a far cry from the initial demand and planning hahah. Well obladi oblada..business politics..we can do a better job..so on we go merayau2 at 1 Borneo mendulur kehendak anak mau makan Pizza Hut (punya sejuuuk thier air-con), go to Boo Boo Land (I used the age old excuse to hubby that i wanted to go the loo but i actually went express shopping !! heheheh).

Sunday was hectic for me as hubby terlentang saja 1 hari sbb sakit kepala (hmm is that an age old excuse he used???)..so melepaslah my chance to try to cook Resoles *wink wink* ShabbyMom..sungguh penat my Sunday sampai I forgot to put Nabil's diaper on him at night..luckily he didn't leak *phew*..otherwise tambah lagi 1 kerja. No C.S.I marathon for me..I need my quality zzzzz..

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Val, you in KK, huh? I have been there few times wayyyy back in the 80's.
Bet KK has changed a lot too. Have a relative in KK still.
I have always loved Sarawak, Sabah. The people, the lifestyles so laidback compared to KL. And the food, out of this world.
I did a posting, 'My tears never dry for you', d/d 12/2/07...re of a daughter searching for a mother she had not seen 30 years...found in KK.

And three weeks ago did a birthday greeting, "to a beautiful Sarawak lady", d/d 6/2/08.
Pop in if you free. Best regards, Lee.

Val Aziz said...

Oh yes...so many changes since those days. But the people r still the same..laidback n easy-going.

whimsical said...

val ada i tag u heheheheh sorry.nanti u tengok the questions in my "somewhere over the rainblow.." post ah