Tuesday, June 10, 2008

84-year-old-bride



The local news station was interviewing an 84-year-old lady because she had just gotten married...for the fourth time. The interviewer asked her questions about her life, about what it felt like to be marrying again at 84, and then about her new husband's occupation. "He's a funeral director", she answered.

"Interesting", the newsman thought. He then asked her if she wouldn't mind telling him a little about her last three husbands and what they did for a living. She paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those years.

After a short time, a smile came to her face and she smiled proudly, explaining that she first married a banker when she was in her early 20s, then a circus ringmaster when in her 40s, later on a preacher when in her 60s, and now in her 80s, a funeral director.

The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked why she married four men with such diverse careers.

"Easy son", she smiled.
"I married one for the money..two for the show..three to get ready..and four to go!


I thought this article is both funny and it shows that she was a really smart woman. For me, after seeing so many broken homes, a woman cannot be too careful in safeguarding her's and her offsprings's future. There are no guarantees whatsoever and want it or not, it is the harsh truth. In some instances it can be totally blamed on the other half, but sometimes it's just unfortunate circumstances that befall upon us. Whatever the reason, come what may a woman must be prepared to face it. Though every women wants to live in a fairytale, I think it is just irresposible to yourself and your dependants that you ignore these facts. Time and time again I am reminded whenever I see or heard sad news from people around me. Which made me make a resolution..and only me and my hubby knows. For love and respect of each other, only I pray that I won't see that day.

5 comments:

whimsical said...

uiiiiii val dalam o mesej u today.wellll i wish all couples in this world especially my friends to have a fulfilling life and may u all grow old together with good health and contentment.

lain jua cerita - boleh tahan si nenek o!!!!!apa tips dia mengurat tu ah!!!!

Shabbymom said...

wah mbok whimsy...mau minta tips sama c ninik kah?....hahahaha...d sini mana ada ringmaster & funeral director hahahahah.....

yanti said...

ooo val..that is soooo true. org kita bilang palis-palis

Val Aziz said...

Kiut kan pose si nenek ni :-) Mebe si nenek kasi pck up line sama laki dia ala Joey Tribiani "How u doinn?"

Palis-palis...

fabmom said...

Hi Val! I tagged u ! List 8 random facts about u and tag others! I know u're a gud sport.