Monday, June 16, 2008

Changing our living habit??

Yesterday I had a lunch date with Azlina Abd. Jalil a.k.a Linut..she's one of the women that I admire. Not only she's highly intelligent (Engineer, MA lagi) but she has the strength to quit her lecturing job in UMS to concentrate on her daughter. And now she's also an entreprenuer or W.A.H.M. She owns the francise for CoffeeNews in Malaysia and she's into Agel as well.

What brought me to meet her is the ever increasing cost of living and the never increasing remuneration rate. At the rate that I am surviving now with our current lifestyle..1 Borneo opening is no help at all..I need and want more income. PLain and simple. Yes frugality is very important and a wise act..but not if I can help it..why should i bow down to the insensitive suggestions / actions from the "Good" government and reduce my standard of living??? Not that I am living in indulgence and luxury, just nice for my family to enjoy a little bit more than simple pleasures in life. So in order to continue with what we are used to..a side income will definitely help. Anyway..I do have aspirations to own a biz in the future, why don't I start now.

The way I see it "makan gaji" group is the worst hit among us. Everyone is affected..businesses, retail, services etc... but with an extra effort they can still earn watever they want, sky is the limit. As for us who can only wait for a fixed monthly paycheck there's nothing much we can do but to cut down cut down cut down. I say don't cut down! We find more $$!

Reduce spending?? Does the PM knows how hard we have worked to reach this point? Being able to buy what our heart desire?? To provide our loved ones with what their heart desires?? To further studies?? To pay for good medical services? To live in a better home?? And their idea of a solution is change your living habits??? I bet he doens't feel the pinch. Why don't they change their spending habits and donate to us? Or the poor??

So Mr. PM..please don't tell us what to do when evidently you yourself do not know what to do.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi valarie... 1st time here.. nice blog gal.. i agree with what you've said about.. don't cut down but find more $$$.. surely true lah..why have to suffer kan.. sure there are other part time thingy that can be done.. and blogging is one of it.

Val Aziz said...

HI Shirley..thanks for dropping by..btw i grabbed a pic from ur blog..hope u don't mind.

Deana E said...

agree 100% with you.i really don't know where else to cut.It's not easy to change our life style, let PM do it first and the rakyat follow. ask him to drive kancil ka? anything to make him see how rakyat suffer.. i read in the newspaper that people are encouraged to have their own business now as long as it starts at 6pm and ends at midnight..good la. what business ar eu in, let me know, sure iwll support you.

Val Aziz said...

Hi Deana..me n hubby have our own event mgmt co. We provide all sorts of event needs and entertainment. Hmm but I am also looking for an e-biz as well, my own biz. Wat a scene that will be..the PM driving kancil!!