Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pirattes of The Caribbean...in Borneo




As I was browsing through my pics and stumbled upon this one immediate flashbacks raced through my delicate mind...like a slideshow of stillshots taken on board the magnificent Raja Laut, Borneo's own tall ship..

If u're not sure of what's a tallship, think Pirattes of The Caribbean-and the ships in the movie-tall mast-sails...that's it..u've got it now.

I was lucky enuf to get an invitation for a fam trip sunset cruise from Borneo Tall Ship and they were launching the Raja Laut...the owner of the beauty is Ywan Carraz (mother is from Weston and father French..i tell u, the combination is hunkaliscious)...he told us that he and his father lovingly built this ship and the fine workmanship is a rare find nowadays...it was built right here at home (he called Sabah home!) in Sipitang if i'm not mistaken...or was it Kudat? Anyways..

We enjoyed it tremendously...we were wined and dined...mingled with the ecclectic mix of cultured folks...it totally gives you the feeling of being in a long lost era...so romantic and dreamy..when i saw the international crew esp the captain i immediately felt the element of adventure rising in my core...
I'm such a "water" person so whenever i get near the water, esp. the crystal clear water of the sea my adrenaline starts pumping...butterflies in the stomach... if i set foot in any kind of water vessel / vehicle my instinct will be to push it to full throttle! Yes I'm a speed maniac as well... but i don't drive (officially) yet and I don't swim very well...ironic you say? but i don't care. I think i can call that my passion.
I have done White Water Rafting (in both rivers in Sabah), White Water Kayaking (a near death experience), car racing at Batu 3 racetrack (the car I was in got 3rd place), jet-skiing, sea-kayaking (I almost drifted to the path of the Labuan ferry, it's tougher than it looks to kayak againts the sea currents ok) and was given a ride on the Kastam "Penumpas" vessel which they normally use to patrol the waters and chase smugglers (They went at half speed and I couldn't keep my eyelids open!..that fast)..

Hubby and I always dream of having a sunset party on board a ship..with sunset as the background..strollers crooning classic evergreens..heavenly food and lots of merriment...this is also one of future events that Bronz Music will bring to you..so be ready for it.

Check out The Raja Laut website at my Fav Sites Link

No comments: