Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm no sore loser but HELL!! I hope he'll fuck up..big time.

After months of hardwork, given hope, almost lost hope, was given hope again, all the effort was squashed by this cocky bald headed guy that I hated at first sight!

We were competing to get the contract for a lucrative and prestigious event coming up soon with agency A. I was told that it seems like the client was in favour of us and now wanting to negotiate further. It was almost 70% ours..just within our grasp until this guy came out of nowhere, in the middle of the "show" and gave dirt cheap rates which was wayy below market price..SHIT!!!..I think he's charging peanuts for horse shit...and to know that we offer superior quality of equipments and service...ARGHHHH!!!!..yeah he's a smooth talker and maybe the ladies were astounded by his charm..BLOODY HELL.

I slept at 6am this morning, all night revising rates, putting together layout plan, pictures, profiles, and baby woke up a few times so putting him back to sleep dragged my time. I was so groggy and disoriented this morning that I swear today is Friday and put on the wrong uniform on Benjy. Had to rush to the hotel to take pics of cocktail table and stool. And a few minutes after that the bomb landed..aduhhhhh frust yang tidak terkata..I was so full-hearted and desperately wanted this event..but I couldn't be in the picture..it's complicated.

One thing I take solace in this pitfall, I can watch James Bond Quantum Solace premier with my beloved hubby tonight..jgn saja tertidur half way through lah..

12 comments:

Just plain Sharon said...

Val, relax...tarik nafas....hembuss...inhale...exhale...ok sudah kan.

LaViaP said...

hmm... should get double-O-seven to.. i dunno... silence him maybe? hehehe

Val Aziz said...

nanti i check how much he charges..

lenzaidi said...

Now Val that i called one tough cookie yourself!

You got to have a different level of EQ/IQ to deal with these kinda people.Being a woman along side with these and winning over bid or project for that matter,is no job for the ordinarie.

So dont lose hope dealing with this f ---- up lame for there r more to come esp. in your line of duty.

Shabbymom said...

bahhh.....sabarrrrr mbokkkk.....

Anonymous said...

Hey.. that's life. Such experience will make you a stronger competitor. Been there done that! That's how business works! Don't bring yourself down too much. Enjoy ur Bond Movie!! :)

Val Aziz said...

thank u all for the words of encouragement..memang i don't think this guy will do a job after all we prepared and source out materials dari seluruh Sabah for like 2 months and this guy just butt in and have 3 weeks to go before the event..matailah dia. And I'll be there to watch heheheh Anyone wants to join me?

u know..telampau disoriented pagi2 tu, sampai berus gigi pun pakai colgate anak..but I still finished the whole James Bond movie.

Val Aziz said...

dia tidak tau lagi cerewet setengah mati ini client..i heard he was ordered to meet them in KL this week, sbb dia ada simpan alamat ofis dia di KL kunun..sepa suruh kan..

eg. of cerewet: 1) table cloth must be PAPER WHITE and they will actually check by laying down a wite A4 paper on it and if tidak sama then they won't accept it. 2) The models musn't be a dumb blond, the event co must interview them b4 selection, rq at least 5'5, pretty n smart hahah good luck.
3) This will be a 3 day event handling Ministers, corporate high & mighties and high expectations.
4) Good luck in getting 25 cocktail tables, 100 stools and 10 standing ashtrays!

LaViaP said...

uh.. uh.. uh.. (raising hand)i want to watch. i'll have my camera ready!!!

Just plain Sharon said...

me too! me too! Can I get an invitation? Hee!

lenzaidi said...

After all the polish specicification for a day event what good is the standing ashtray?Smokey eyes!

Val Aziz said...

Mck. Len exactly..and after ta function everyone will smell like nicotine..