Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fruit of labour..

A hectic week it has been..away last weekend to KL for hubby's OUM convocation in PWTC..very proud moment..brought Benjy along to witness his daddy's achievement (not that he understands what's going on but for him to experience the atmosphere and later remember). Hubby studied BA in Mgmt part-time 4 years ago and along the way we borne 3 children. It's a tall feat i can assure you that because I witness how he sneaked time to study, do assignments and exam while waiting for me in the car, red traffic light, during my induced contractions, through confinement, in sickness and in health etc. I definitely would have quit much earlier..juggling family, work load and study at home is absolutely taxing to the mental condition. I've no such discipline..however I do harbour a yearning to continue studies in Early Childhood Education..maybe one day when I'm no longer the part-time maid at home..


Benjy already tired waiting for hours outside the grand hall, while we were merrily taking pictures everywhere..kesian dia kena drag along.
And guess who's wedding signage we bumped into..a high school friend whom we lost contact years ago..hahah we missed the newlywed by a day.

After the convo, we went to Pavillion. Everywhere the coutoure boutique had "Further Reduction" Sale..so I checked out Chloe..1 dress I admired had 50% disc. from.....RM11,450!! simple white silk dress with floral motif. So forget about the rest lah kan.


We paid RM150 for a regular room and we got a Suite! Look at the view from my shower stall. The hotel room was ok lah..quite run down but still holding itself together.

Kak Sri I remembered one of your entry recommending Madam Kwan's..I didn't take me much to decide to eat here and we were not dissapointed at all. 5 Stars for Madam Kwan's (this was at Pavillion):

Nasi Bojari RM21.00 - Colourful rice with Juicy (and I mean juicy)Fried Chicken, Rendang Daging, Acar Awak, Boiled Egg and Prawn Sambal.

Signature Dish Nasi Lemak RM12.50 - With Curry Chicken, Sambal Ikan Bilis, Boiled Egg.

Cendol..sedaaap

Plain Noodle Soup with Prawns - Benjy almost slurped his soup from the bowl..

And I found this! Daging Salai Halal..No Pork No Lard..sedaaaap. I recommend to all.

Sharon remember the good times at Carlos Hacienda?? This is just a Canteena..but still Carlos's..the songs are still like those days..

We didn't do much shopping..not enough time..and I just couldn't wait to go home to my babies!

7 comments:

Shabbymom said...

Wahhh...congrats Shahnaz....

Sadap kan tu Nasi Bohjari & cendul nya...yumyum!!!!....

D mana kamu tinggal?...ok oh the harga...dakat-dakat Pavillion kah?

Just plain Sharon said...

Congrats to Shahnaz!

Yes definitely I remember Carlos Hacienda where I was THE designated driver driving from USJ to KL back to USJ.

I love you top girl!

Anonymous said...

Congrates Shanaz!!
Benjy looked so cute in his bow tie! Why he nangis that?
Sis, u make me drool @ mengidam seeing the nasi ayam with sambal. I usually have no cravings during pregnancy.. but this really cannot tahan oh. Have to ask my helper to make sambal la ni bisuk.

Mamarock said...

Congrats to Shahnaz...tabiklah...

fabmom said...

congrats to Shahnaz and the woman behind the successful man.

yanti said...

oh val!i sooo faham when you said it aint easy to manage your time with study, work and family.

i saw with my very own eyes. i teach the part-time/pjj/pelajar luar kampus ums students during weekends. memang tabik to these students,come to class every weekend.

besides shahnaz, congrats to you too. it ain't easy. sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice, for both parties.

Val Aziz said...

SabbyMom: Semua sedap! Actually I tried to call you mau tanya apa yg best diorder, tp hp no line lah..so we went for their signature dishes. We stayed d Dynasty Hotel..inda best.

Sharon: U can really drive oh that time hehehe and we can really cram into that tiny kancil! My frilly ruffly girly top I love it too :p

Gail: Benjy looked like Dennis the Menace kan? He cried coz he was so tired n bored of waiting for us la tu..he wanted to go back to the hotel but we didn't layan him hehehe..

Fabmom: Ribuan terima kaseh on ur recognition for the woman behind the success! Besar maknanya tu.

Mamarock: Thanx on behalf of the Mahasiswa..

Yanti: nasib baik still ada rambut atas kepala dia..stress gila!