Saturday, August 2, 2008

Friday..Day 1..

Bro-in-law is my designated driver for this 2 weeks..and he's already late picking us up to send the kids to school n me to work. I undstd that being he being single and not used to wake up early everyday, this might be a problem sikit lah. Benjy needed to be in his school by 7.30am for field trip. Came 7.30am still no sign and a call later told me that he just woke up..boy this will be a loooong day. So he finally arrived and Benjy n Nabil was already at the porch impatient to get into the car which was still at the gate, I was rushing to get their bags and lo and behold little Ariff decided to run (in his walker) to join his bros outside..the only thing I saw was his feet up in the air and the walker pinning him face down. I litteraly threw everything on the floor and dashed to get him..Ariff!!! Kesian he got a tiny cut on his upper gum. I can't describe how I felt. I just thought how can I let that happen.

Obviously I was really late to reach the office and after 2 days of absence atending a course, piles of memos and such was strewn all over my desk. Time to sort it out. I thought I was going to work lunch as well but had a nice treat by the sports club (ladies only lunch) at the Brass Monkey..the lunch buffet was good..and true to myself, indulge in glutony..I eat a lot! (pic taken frm Whimsical's page)

Then I had to go to this butik kain and pay the installment for the materials I kept (booked)..really a mistake, it was a verry expensive impulsive purchasebut I fell in love with the kain at 1st sight. But their credit card machine acted up so I ended up taking longer than necessary there. Then Hubby asked me to go to the bank urgent errand..have to find transport again..

By the time I really sat down on my chair, it was almost 4.30pm..and I still have tons to do. Then called my BIL just to double check that he will be on time to fetch us he told me that the car broke down. Weak battery he said. Thank God it was fine after recharged and BIL picked up Benjy 1st then I..Mum called and told me she's having a dinner function that means I will be alone at home with the kids and she didn't prepared any dinner, which means I had to tapau lah. Did a quick shopping of wedding gift for a friend, diapers and dinner then off we go to fetch Nabil n Ariff.

At home, quickly bathe the kids, feed them, I bathe then BLACKOUT! I was so bloody annoyed with SESB coz this was the 2nd incident this week. The funny thing is only a few houses in my street yang kena..my next door got light. I poured my frustration (not so pleasantly) to the customer service staff..I didn't care to be polite anymore..to bad she had to bear the brunt. Anyway she had a book of standard answers to angry callers prepared by the company so that's her work hazard la kan she had to tahan my mouth la (sorry girl I was too tired already). BIL was stuck at home with us and he was entertained by shadow shows courtesy of my sons hehehe..luckily the blackout didn't last till 1 hour.

From my chronicle, I realise what a difficult life a single mother must go through. For this 2 weeks I'll try to be as patient and nurturing as I can. For me at least at the end of 2 weeks my husband will come home. Salute to all Single Mothers out there. And to my Mum, although garang, still bear with us with so much patience.

What a day..TGIF!

10 comments:

Shabbymom said...

aduiii...sadih aku baca....memang susah kan enggak ada tempat bergayut ni!!!!!.....bah jangan sadih-sadih ...... pigi buat retail therapy!!!!!

mana gambar kamu makan-makan?

Bobby said...

yup,i'm also terasa with your stories .. well,saya bakal merasa what u call the mother tunggal ...
cedih-cedih ... hope that my hubby will minta transfer, after our child born .... wish me

Val Aziz said...

Harus retail therapy! Bobby nanti ada baby ur hubby pun inda sanggup tu mau jauh2..mesti rindu tu..

KaDusMama said...

hmm..sedihnya! Penat kan mengurus rumah and anak2 nie?? like 24hours pun tia cukup the time..
Emm...u don't drive bah kan?? why not take ur licence?? senang lain kali...

Val Aziz said...

definitely there's 2 things that will provide solution to my melee..#1 Driving license hahah and #2 Maid!!!!

Just plain Sharon said...

Val! You are now awarded with SUPERMOM award. Yay!!!!!! Row row row your boat we are in the same boat. *I wonder why did I come up with the song*

Val Aziz said...

ya kan Y ah??

kuireena said...

Val,
aku yg jaga satu anak ni pun kadang kadang pandai meradang, inikan pulak jaga 3 orang. Fuhhhh.. mmg menguji kesabaran tahap gaban ooo(selalu sia punya motivational speech yg paling berkesan is to remind myself yg segala susah payah kita ni akan mendpt ganjaran setimpal from God..insya allah)

Val Aziz said...

Kuireena..i think mcm sia ni blum pernah ada maid so besa suda lah 24hrs working ni..i sometmes wonder how I can still ada energy left..tapi budak2 ni tau juga time daddy dorang teda ni indalah berapa betebiat..keadaan masih boleh dikawal.

Anonymous said...

My dear sista, better get your driving license ASAP. It helps like wonders! It's so much easier to bring the kids out than being cooped up at home esp during the weekend. However, you're doing GREAT!!