Thursday, August 14, 2008

Month of the Hungry Ghost


The topic has nothing to do with my thoughts right now..but just a coincidence that this is "That" month and Sharon and I were talking about death this morning. I'm sure that you will normally hear after someone has died, the relatives would say that before that person died he acted strange, made weird requests, generally would do something out of the norm. Popped up in my mind, did that person have an ominous feeling that death is around the corner? If so, if he have acted against his weird urges would fate be otherwise? What goes on in her mind when she just suddenly decided to have a full makeover (if she's an old person definitely it's not in her routine la kan), would that made her think that a horrible fate is awaiting? Logically no one will think about dying (if reasonably healthy). The thought of dying is always pused to the back of our mind. It's always oth people dying, but we never thought about ourselves or immediate family n close friends right.

Would I know that I'm going to die when I suddenly have the urge to have a family reunion? or when I decided to wear a lace kebaya to work? It gives me the creeps to think about this..I'm not ready yet.

2 comments:

Just plain Sharon said...

speaking of death, I once had a few thoughts on this. I even went into depression probably because last year 3 close family members of mine passed away.

I then mentioned to my hubby and suggested to hubby that we should add more merriment in our marriage by going traveling and whatever both of us enjoy to do.

Val Aziz said...

quite right..we only live once.