Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Year of the Ox

The beginning of the new Lunar year saw me wrapped in sweaters, socks and blanket..plus two of my offsprings. Hope it will bring better health and money as the days goes by..so tak syok la holidays kena fever..can't fully enjoy the feast cause all I tasted was bitter. But anyways, here's our family celebration to share with you all..

CNY Eve dinner was held at my aunt's house in Tg. Aru. Concept is potluck not like the traditional Chinese Eve menu. Many more foodies but all were devoured before I can click, ingat perut dulu.
Ariff excited with the oranges
Some of the clan after dinner gossips..
This is wajib, steamed chicken, you bit the flesh and wrap in the salad then dip in soya sauce mixed with ginger, garlic and chilli
Kam Hiong Mangrove Crabs, my potluck contribution
Buttermilk prawns courtesy of Mum
My boys, Nabil is feverish already but control macho, didn't want to be left out with in the raucous with his young uncles
26th Jan, 2009 (1st day of CNY) our family went to stay at Nepenthes Lodge at Mt. Kinabalu National Park. It was cold and rainy the two days we were there and I was too busy running up and down chasing after the boys so not many pictures taken lah.

This pic was shot at 6.15am 27th Jan 09. Benjy couldn't sleep well because of te cold and unfamiliar place so he and hubby woke up early and got trigger happy. Beautiful clear shot of the Mountain.
Before we headed home, we attempted to take our "historical" photo at Timpohon Gate but memang cuaca tidak mengizinkan this time, raining again (it rains everytime we go snap there lah. So snap the road sign pun jadilah)
Ini gambar tiga orang demam. Only Ben and hubby is ok. I look so pale oh kan..no mood to bermekap lagi

3 comments:

Linachu said...

That steamed chicken looks yummy!! And your crab too...Lapar gia ni...
I'm sure you'll have many more opportunities to take photo at your historical site tu :)

Val Aziz said...

hahaha yup..will come well prepared next time..

Zuraihan Selina said...

HI SIS. CAN I HAVE YOUR Kam Hiong Mangrove CrabS RECIPE? I'M LUVIN IT!

EMAIL ADDRESS :zuraihan@gmail.com

thanks