Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Customer's always right..


Went to the Biggest Hypermall for the umphteenth time. Hubby's not feeling well but he had promised the boys for jalan-jalan and to the fun fair. So we had dinner at
(Both pics above are courtesy of Azlena's blog and that's her kid with the burger)..

The key word and point for this entry is "CUSTOMER SERVICE"..

1) This particular restaurant has a very good promise and potential by looking at its interior design and menu..it looks very inviting and enticing..BUTTTT
1.1 - once seated you have to crane your neck to get the waiters to notice you..

1.2 - They have set up the steak knives in advance at each table. This poses some kind of danger to families with small children dining. They should've only change the to the necessary / sharp cutleries after customers have made their orders.

1.3 - The waiters must know what to recommend and speak up clearly to the first timers who doens't know what to order from the long list of "good things to eat".

1.4 - The burger was dry

1.5 - The signature root beer float was "tawar" / tasteless and flat. I'd rather have A&W rootbeer.

1.6 - The Coney Island Dog was mediocre..

1.7 - The waitress waiting for us to fork out money to pay the bill should've waited at the table and not wander off and had a merry time cit chatting with the kitchen staff and forget about the customer who was looking at her waiting for her to come and get the money.

2. 1 Borneo has very smelly toilets / washroom, wet ponding floor and insufficient cubicles in the ladies. I do not wish to part with my 30 sen to pay for this. It will never fail to give me a stressful time to bring my boys to the loo. Imagine walking pass the washroom and be greeted with the horrible smell of urine wafting out until few feet away and to top it off, it is located right next to an eatery. I'm embarassed for the tourist who have to come here and find this.

3. Declaring itself the Largest Hypermall..but it doens't even have a baby nappy changing room. Or at least a separated corner in a clean washroom for mothers to prep their babies.

I have placed my complaints online to their website. I hope they got it and take it seriously into consideration as I believe I'm not the first one who have voiced this out.

8 comments:

LaViaP said...

and i still wonder why people like to go there? ney york new york, went there a few month back. that's the first and the last!

actually i still think shopping and dining around KK is much better than going there. oh i do hope 1borneo get to read this hehehehe.

Val Aziz said...

ya betul tu Pai. Actually teda apa yg ada disana..only if you're looking for a specific thing yg disana sja ada..

Anonymous said...

Yeah Val, I wasn't impressed with the restrooms there. Bukan lagi few feet bulih bau, but I could smell the restrooms from the hallway of the shops. And... I noticed that the construction was bad (the restrooms I mean)... the grout on the sink was peeling off, the sink drain were clogged because people put trash on it. And... the first night I went there, I went to the restroom at the bowling alley... TIADA AIR DI SINK! And yeah, why would we pay RM0.30 sen if they're not clean anyway. Wish they could make the restrooms like the ones in KL's malls. Very clean.

Anonymous said...

and nada surau di sana! (kalau ada pun, aku nda jumpa) Centre Point pula ada

LaViaP said...

surau ada bah, di parking tingkat 2, tapi tiada signboard. sya rasa tu surau kena bikin at a later stage of the construction tu. patutnya surau punya access dlm mall la, ini mau lalu parking area lagi. tsk tsk tsk....

@dR3h said...

i absolutely agree with you about the toilet.. I went to the normal toilets/restrooms there and paid RM0.30 the first time I went to OB but left without doing my "business". Its disgusting! I remembered somebody mentioned to me about the exclusive (hence expensive) toilet on another level so I went looking. The worst thing is, the rm2 toilet pun sama jak macam the RM0.30 toilet.. the tong sampah at the cubicle is full with yucky bloody pads on top lagi. I was so disgusted and felt cheated sebab I paid the RM2 for the same thing as the RM0.30 toilets there! Ada tourist lagi tu masuk that toilet.. memang bikin malu bah.. eiii.. Don't know what is the purpose of us paying if the toilet still look like a free public toilets. stupid..

Val Aziz said...

frankly the whole uilding structure is just hastily done just for the sake of building the largest hypermall..it seemed like it didn't have the perfect execution or even planning! Cutting down the corners at our cost..eeehh the paint is hideous as well..watsup with the ugly blue towers?? absolutely doesn't jive with the rest of the colour scheme..and also..just don't look up at the ceiling.

Faizura said...

1B will be dead once suria sabah sudah siap.

With an architecture background, I totally agree with you Val on the workmanship of the building which is not well done. Even the parking area is badly designed and not user friendly at all.

I dont know who designed 1B - this people didnt do thorough study on how to design a mall I guess, coz malls with backlane shops doesnt work at all.

Oh ya about the colour, dlm gmbr bukan main grand lg nampak. Once done punya horrible the colour chosen. Anyway, not just 1B, I think mostly buildings in KK memang the colour selection always go wrong. They dont have the eye to choose the right colour.