Sunday, December 14, 2008

Buaian k.n Cradle / Swing (Oxford Fajar Dictionary)



This is not tali gantung ya Puan-Puan..but an antique cradle used by generations. This cradle has the most prestigious location, placed at the main living room of my hubby's Grandmother's home. He himself was rocked to sleep since babyhood. It was still in use until recently because all the babies have grown out of this phase. I find it so affectionate and a warm symbol of love. A matriarch still very much in touch of the lives of all her descendants..Nenek yang masih lagi membuai lelap cucu-cucu dan cicit-cicitnya. And the family will gather around this very Buaian everytime during kenduri or family occasions. No matter how grown up or living in a modern brick house, I think, all of us will feel at home here (even I, the cucu menantu)..

I myself was rocked peacefully to slumber with this similar cradle, my Grandma would use her softest kain sarong. I remember her scent still..and the calming coolness of her sarong..She lived in a water village, and typically hot and humid especially in the afternoon when the sun is always burning at its hottest..I miss her sarong.

The Wall of Fame above shows the Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren of Hajah Amirjan..these are not all..yang sudah pernah dibuai dalam buaian pusaka Nenek *wink wink* Masih kuat lagi ni..and my Hubby is so protective of his buaian, he won't have it taken down..ish ish ish macam mau masuk buaian balik pulak.

1 comment:

CathJ said...

LOL..LOL..my Mom's house also got 3 of those cradle, semua cucu kena ayun di sana.. :)