Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Aidilfitri Mulia....

This year's Raya was really "full" for me..wat with baby Ariff and his 2 elder bros to handle..and the HEAT OMG!! unbearable, drenched is the word of the day...everyday for 5 consecutive days we'll go visiting to many relatives open houses...my kids had a blast, yet still not fully comprehending why we "balik-balik Hari Raya rumah nenek"..so many neneks..heheheh..

It has been a long time (for me) since I've been back to Papar and I deeply miss my aunt, Pak Long, cousins and loved ones long gone..I miss my Raya during those days when my family was one..I wish I could've stayed longer maybe stay for a few nights..the last time I've slept in my kampung was when I was getting married..it really touched me when my boys ran around the yard, playing with their cousins that they barely know..i silently wished there was some goats around so they can chase after it eheh...they can walk and play by themselves without me constantly yelling "Watchout! or Dont'!"..


First thing after solat Raya..sudah searched high and low for Ariff's baju melayu but size 0 dah habis lahhh..so denim blue pun jadilah..and yours truly had slept for only 1 1/2 hours the night before..


My In-Laws..


My Family..


My kids trully enjoy balik kampung..this is at Pak Long's yard where I used to play much like them now..quite sad that my kids couldn't fully experience kampung carefree life running around and playing with goats, hiding in bushes, climbing fruit trees etc...we must balik kampung more often lah from now on..


Here are the hot mamas and their super tots..next generation in line..


Although Hari Raya is most tiring for me (or even Mums in general) but it is one of the most happiest days of the year..penat pun jadi enjoy.

14 comments:

whimsical said...

like the photo yg the kids duduk atas bukit kecil.so cute!!!

Val Aziz said...

ya i like juga..ngam sunset tu..

Anonymous said...

ko hantar ja dorang di belakang rumah aku di sembulan. Konfim dorang dapat suasana kampung...tapi ala-ala international la..ala-ala Phillipine! Sebab belakang rumah aku banyak rumah pilipin. DOrang buat halaman utk anak-anak dorang beriadah lagi!!! hehehe

Lee said...

Hi Val, WOW! Really beautiful family you have....everyone look so beautiful in their Raya bajus....well taken photos too.
And you look real good to, Val.

Can imagine the noise and laughter in the house and the makanan too.
You keep well and have a nice day, Lee.
ps, ada senang datang ke pondok saya, bring paper and pencil, ha ha. Lee.

@dR3h said...

sioknya balik kampung..
Selamat Hari Raya Val.. :)

Val Aziz said...

Hi Lee ..tq tq for the compliments..i'll go visit ur pondok and bring some rendang and lemang too.

Mid: Ya kan..mcm the Bronx gia tu bunyinya..

Herda: Oh yess totally siok balik kampung..

Anies Azeera said...

Hello Val, Selamat Hari Raya.
Memang chantique your Pak Long's yard.

p/s Nice family photos &.. your hubby look familiar.

Just plain Sharon said...

siok memang siok oh...

fabmom said...

beautiful yard..

Anies Azeera said...

Val, I saw gambar raya kamu ramai-ramai sama Aziah Sulaiman di FB. Are you cousins? .. hehe.. still trying to figure out ba ni, why your hubby look familiar.

Lee said...

Hi Val, just dropped in to say hello. How you doin'?
Have a beautiful Sunday, Lee.

~aNNa~ said...

val, eid mubarak to u & ur family =D

Val Aziz said...

Hi Anies..hubby n aziah r 2nd cousins..hmmm i wonder?? u ever stayed in tg. aru?

Hi Lee..oh it was a beautiful and lazy Sunday..

Anna..Salam Aidilfitri to you jugak!!

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear Val,

I feel that our kids nowadays are being denied of their rights of running free in the kampung. Living in the city is a torture to one's soul.

My kids will have fun whenever we balik kampung to my hubby's palce in Sandakan. I was fretting initially, "jangan main kotor", "put on your slippers", "don't chase after the chickens"..so on and so forth, maklumlah I tak biasa di kampung.

Then later, after a few days, I figured, what's the point of telling them this and that. Have trust in the kids. Keep a watchful eye, and let them have fun. So now I'm ok.:)