Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday

A sudden flash of inspiration whilst reading a friend's blog. A normal birthday celebration is to wish that person Happy Birthday and yadda yadda yadda..give presents, sing the standard song, have a merry party with a bunch of friends or family. The birthday boy/girl on the other and will be waiting in anticipation of what his/her friends or family will do for him ie..surprise party, cakes, gifts yadda yadda yadda..BUT...

How many of us will stop and think of the mothers who have endured 9 months plus of heavy belly, morning sickness, backaches, labor pains, the excrutiating contractions, NEEDLES, confinement, years of lack of sleep and worries to bring this prescious birthday boy / girl into this world??? The birth process..before we enter the world..and who pushed us out with all her might so that we can see the light of day..who treated us bagai menatang minyak yang penuh. Sounds more like a tribute to Mother's Day pulak kan, but I think, we should not forget this most important factor especially on our birthday. Hmmmm maybe I'm getting mellower by the years, maybe I'm biased because I'm a mother myself??...hmmm Dulu kalau birthday saja ingat mau celebrate yeehaa party saja eheheheh.

So here eventhough my birthday is a long way to go..I would like to dedicate my birthday to my Mum and my Mak-in-Law...who have endured so much for me and the man I call my husband.


16 comments:

whimsical said...

sweet and thoughtful tribute welwel

Ina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ina said...

ur mom looks just like you la val..still awet muda lagi!!

Shabbymom said...

ahhhhhh.....soooooooo sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!

Just plain Sharon said...

wah...penuh dengan emosi..*tangan di dada*. ya bah kalau time muda dulu ingat mau berparty ja. Mana pandai pikir pasal belanja this and that. Nah sudah jadi mother baru sia tau.

Val Aziz said...

yups..my mum tu memang pandai menjaga badan/kesihatan, tapi anak pumpuan dia ni susah sikit..bebuih sja mulut dia kasi nasihat.

ehemmm *tangan di pipi* kesedaran melanda diriku..

Junita Safian said...

Val,

Be thankful that both of your moms still around. I lost mine in 2005 and my mom in law still around.

lenzaidi said...

Muda lakat mama mu Lai.

Anonymous said...

wow...terharu sya...

kuireena said...

kenapa bila baca all those torturous list sia terus rasa mo pregnant lagi? hahaha.. I think I miss those beautifully painful time called pregnancy!

Val Aziz said...

tq tq all, these 2 tough ladies are my idols.

Val Aziz said...

Bibi...best bah tu..bikin lah satu dinegara is-snow..sejuk-sejuk sja kan sana..hehehe

Unknown said...

hi val. it's me halizah. i did not realize u keep a blog until i clicked ur link from my cousin's blogroll. hey, what can i say..3 kids? we ought to meet after all these years. when was d last time? dahlia's wedding? and when was that, 4 years ago?

keep blogging!

Ieza Salim said...

Hi I'm Hafizah from KK, i might be out of topic a bit but just browsing the net to get info about medix day care centre in kk n i bumped into ur blog, if u don't mind need to get ur view on medix, i'm having a son aged 23 months, never sent my son to any day care b4 but since my maid had gone away, i have no other choice, i've seen the place not bad but stil need view from those parents who had the actual experience if u don't mind sharing TQ so much in advance

Val Aziz said...

Hi Liz, lama inda kedengaran..we should meet up lah kan..wen u're in kk do call.

Hi Ieza, I'll blog about it ok.

Ieza Salim said...

TQ in advance